Unleashing Your Dog’s Instinct to ObeyFrom the Tufts Good Dog Library, Best Behavior: Unleashing Your Dog’s Instinct to Obey shares advice from the experts at Tufts University, one of the nation’s leading veterinarian schools. You’ll learn:
• About the crucial socialization period for puppies
• How to help a dog whose previous owners failed to make the most of that time
• How to help your dog find his place in the pack (Hint: it’s below you—and not on your bed. Ever!)
• How to introduce a dog into a home with children
• What to do when your dog becomes destructive when you leave the house
• Helpful tips on dealing with behaviors specific to older dogs
Dr. Nicholas Dodman, renowned animal behaviorist and the other experts at Tufts are known for their advocacy of positive behavior modification to solve dog behavior problems. Their easy-to-understand advice will help you better understand your dog and why he does what he does—and what you need to do to change that behavior for the better!